What is Power BI.
It provides interactive visualizations with self-service business intelligence capabilities, where end users can create reports and dashboards by themselves, without having to depend on information technology staff or database administrators. It offers data warehouse capabilities including data preparation, data discovery and interactive dashboards.
Key Components of Power BI :
1. Power BI Desktop : The Windows-desktop-based application for PCs and desktops.
2. Power BI (Service) : The SaaS (software as a service) based online service (formerly known as Power BI for Office 365, now referred to as PowerBI.com or simply Power BI).
3. Power BI Mobile Apps : The Power BI Mobile apps for Android and iOS devices, as well as for Windows phones and tablets.Power BI Gateways.Gateways used to sync external data in and out of Power BI.
4. Power BI Embedded : Power BI REST API can be used to build dashboards and reports into the custom applications that serves Power BI users, as well as non-Power BI users.
5. Power BI Report Server : Provides a localized way for storing and managing Power BI reports.
6. Power BI Visuals Marketplace : A marketplace of custom visuals and R-powered visuals.
Advantage of Power BI
1. No specialized technical support required.
2. Extracting business intelligence rapidly and accurately.
3. Balanced simplicity and performance.
4. Supports Advanced Data services.
5. Integrates seamlessly with existing applications.
6. Rich personalized dashboards.
7. Publish reports securely.
8. No memory and speed constraints.