SharePoint is a web-based collaborative platform that integrates with Microsoft Office. Launched in 2001,SharePoint is primarily sold as a document management and storage system, but the product is highly configurable and usage varies substantially among organizations.
It’s basically an intranet and content management system that is used for internal purposes to assist with bringing business together including secure document management, collaboration opportunities.
1) to store documents in a more effective format than a regular folder system.
2) bring an organisation together so that everyone receives critical information that’s relevant to them.
Benefits of Share Points :
1. Gives a consistent user experience.
2. Makes day-to-day business easier.
3. Satisfies regulatory requirements.
4. Manage and reuse content.
5. Simplify business data access.
6. Enable constant communication with all staff.
7. Speed up shared business processes.
8. Securely share sensitive information.
9. Empower employees for decision-making.
10. Provide integrated platform.
11. Context around documents and folders.
12. Store all information in a central location.
13. Encourage collaboration.